Value Added Tax in local language is "Impuesto sobre el Valor Añadido" (IVA)

Fiscal representative requirements in Spain

Non-EU businesses must appoint a Spanish fiscal representative when registering for VAT purposes in Spain. Unlike other EU countries, the fiscal representative is not jointly and severally liable for the tax debts of the company.

EU businesses can register directly for VAT purposes. This means that the legal representative of the company can sign the registration form without any local Spanish involvement. However, in practice this may be difficult as the authorities often require the registration form to be signed by someone with a Spanish ID. Alternatively, the legal representative of the company can get a Spanish ID for foreigners.

Marosa provides fiscal representative services in Spain. We take care of VAT and EORI registrations, VAT returns, Intrastat and customs formalities. Get in contact with us to receive a fee quote on Spanish or other European obligations.

Do you want to receive updates on this info?

We use cookies to offer an improved online experience. More information